Login | Register
The opportunity to publish a dissertation electronically is available at the University of Regensburg in all Faculties with the exception of the Faculty of Medicine (see the relevant Regulations for doctoral candidates). For the Faculties I-IV in the Natural Sciences the Regulations for doctoral candidates require the written consent of the supervisor of the thesis in this form. In all other Faculties please consult with the relevant Examination office before loading the material into the Publication Server.
Before publishing in electronic form please clarify the copyright and licence matters, so that no conflicts arise with third parties: if you wish additionally to publish the work with a publisher, then the latter must already have given consent to the University Librarys publishing it in electronic form!
The possibility of changing documents is not allowed!
What must you hand in to the University Library of Regensburg?
- Printed copies
- 5 printed copies for the Library (depending on the relevant Regulations for doctoral candidates further copies may have to be submitted to the Faculty). If the dissertation is published within a University Series or if the dissertation already has a University Library ISBN (3-88246-xxx-x), then the Library requires 6 printed copies.
- IMPORTANT: The printing out of the PDF file guarantees that the formatting is the same for the printed and electronic versions! (Ability to cite)
- Hand them in at the Departmental libraries or at the Dissertation office in the Central Library (Ms. Huber, Room 607, Tel. 0941/943-3926. Mo. - Fr.: 13.00 - 15.00 o'clock. Please arrange for an appointment).
- Elektronic version
- Publication format for your electronic dissertation is PDF (Portable Document format) from Adobe. Due to long term preservation protected documents are not allowed.
- For archival purposes the electronic version must additionally be saved in the original format within the Publication Server (Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, OpenOffice, TeX etc.). Should the original document exist as several single documents, please pack these into a single ZIP file!
- Via the Application form you can load the PDF and the original file first of all into the Publication Server buffer which is not publicly accessible. Then the work is placed by the library employees onto the opus server and thus made publicly accessible. Then changes are no longer possible. ( Special provisions with temporary postponement of the publication on the Internet by up to a year in the Natural Sciences Faculties I-IV)
- Inserting the documents
- To insert a publication you have to be loged in.
- Follow the "Manage deposits" link to create a new item
- Choose "Thesisof the University of Regensburg" as item type
- The necessary specifications for the content description serve for tracing your dissertation within the publication server and by search engines on the Internet. In particular the specification of subject headings and abstracts (max. 5000 characters) in German and English is important for this.
- After specifying the Metadata you can transfer your electronic document automatically into the Publication Server buffer.
- Form with Printing-on-demand (in german) (Form without Printing-on-demand (in german))
- With signature together with the printed copies.
- Appears at the site of the upload process. (Please print out, fill out and sign)
- You hereby transfer to the University Library of Regensburg the right to store your document, to make it accessible publicly in data networks and, if necessary, to convert it into other data formats.
This right also applies to the German National Library and if required to the special collections libraries. Furthermore you give your assurance that the question of copyright and licencing rights (copyright) has been cleared by you and that the rights of third parties concerning the electronic publication do not conflict (ie if you want to publish the work, in addition, with a publisher, then the latter must have agreed to the electronic publication by the University Library). In addition, you declare that the publication of the dissertation has been sanctioned by the doctoral regulations committee and that the electronic version and the sanctioned original version are identical in form and content.
- Special provisions: temporary postponement of the publication on the Internet by up to a year in justifiable isolated cases (for example, with a current patent application):
- Create a new item and fill in the data of your dissertation as described above, however, do not append your work in the original format or in PDF format, but only one page (likewise as a Word file and as a PDF file) on which you have entered the title of the work with the desired publication date: Die Dissertation "...Titel...." soll frühestens am ....TTMMYYYY.... im Internet veröffentlicht werden. Ort, Datum, Name des Autors. (The Dissertation "...Title...." should be published on the Internet at the earliest on ....DDMMYYYY.... Place, Date, Authors name.)
- Hand it in at the Dissertation office in the Central Library (Ms. Huber , Room 607, Tel. 0941/943-3926. Mo. - Fr.: 13.00 - 15.00 o'clock. Please arrange for an appointment):
- Your dissertation in PDF format and in the original format on CD-ROM (Should the original document exist as several single documents, please pack these into a single ZIP file!)
- 5 printed copies (depending on the relevant Regulations for doctoral candidates, further copies may have to be submitted to the Faculty)
- the Form from the University Library confirming the transferral, publication and distribution rights
- Form from your Faculty with the request for postponing the publication on the Internet (together with the earliest release date)
- Then at the given time the electronic version is taken from the CD-ROM and placed on the Internet, and the printed copies are passed on.